Affiliated Event: Decentralized Cryptocurrencies and Blockchains (August 17-18)
Blockchain technologies, including cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, are emerging as an innovative approach to achieve societal functions (such as fiat money) that have so far required the backing of governments and institutions. Blockchain technologies crucially depend on distributed algorithms and cryptographic mechanisms to ensure their efficiency and security properties. This event will bring together experts, leaders, and advocates from a broad set of relevant disciplines (including distributed computation, cryptography, social sciences, and crypto-currencies) to discuss recent exciting progress and current open problems in this area.
- Ittai Abraham (VMware)
- Eli Ben-Sasson (Technion)
- Alessandro Chiesa (UC Berkeley)
- Dahlia Malkhi (VMware)
Confirmed invited speakers:
- Mic Bowman (Intel)
- Vitalik Buterin (Ethereum)
- Thaddeus Dryja (MIT Media Lab, Lightning Network)
- David Mazières (Stanford University / Stellar)
- Silvio Micali (MIT)
- Rafael Pass (Cornell Tech / Thunderella)
- Peter Van Valkenburgh (Coin Center)
- Zooko Wilcox (Zcash)
Additional speakers to be confirmed.
To be announced later.