Affiliated Event: Crypto Welcomes TLS 1.3 (CWTLS 1.3, August 19)
After more than three years of close collaboration between the Internet engineering (IETF) and the scientific crypto communities, TLS 1.3 — the next generation TLS/SSL protocol — is nearing completion as a new standard offering a modern protocol with better performance and stronger security than its predecessors. This collaborative design process has produced a remarkable body of cryptographic work covering all aspects of TLS 1.3 from basic protocol design to detailed specification, in particular showcasing the power of automated analysis of real-world crypto protocols. The workshop will be comprised of invited lectures covering some of the most interesting aspects of TLS 1.3, including motivation, design and analysis.
- Hugo Krawczyk (IBM Research)
- Kenny Paterson (Royal Holloway)
- Karthikeyan Bhargavan, INRIA, France
- Cas Cremers, CISPA, Germany
- Marc Fischlin, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
- Kenny Paterson, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK
- Eric Rescorla, Mozilla, USA
- Thyla van der Merwe, Mozilla, UK
Talks will take place in UCEN State Street Room.